Secure accredited infrastructure for a community rehabilitation company
Warwickshire & West Mercia CRC meets tight MoJ deadline for transitioning to its new premises and own IT infrastructure.
Like other CRCs created under the Ministry of Justice’s (MoJ) Transforming Rehabilitation strategy, the Warwickshire & West Mercia Community Rehabilitation Company (WWM CRC) took over responsibilities from the existing Probation Trust.
Initially based at Probation Trust premises, CRCs soon found themselves under pressure to move to new premises and implement their own secure IT platforms. There were financial penalties for CRCs that didn’t transition by the MoJ-specified deadline.
Determined to meet the deadline and avoid the penalty, WWM CRC sought a partner who could provide the telephony services and secure, accredited infrastructure it needed to start operating at its new premises; it chose Civica to provide the solution.
- Six months to set up MoJ-accredited and PSN-compliant IT infrastructure
- 250 users across 9 sites supported with IT and phone services from day one.
- PSN compliance and MoJ accreditation of IT infrastructure, enabling access to Authority systems
- MoJ deadline for transition to new premises and IT infrastructure met, avoiding financial penalty
- Telephony and computing systems ready to use on day one Scalable IT platform, able to expand and contract in line with changing business needs
- Ongoing support from a Civica SDM for optimum solution performance.
We needed a secure IT platform accredited for connection to MoJ systems that hold sensitive service user data. We knew we could trust Civica to understand our requirements and deliver our solution on time.”
Linda Smith, ICT Manager, Warwickshire & West Mercia Community Rehabilitation Company