Brighthouse migrates to Android smartphones with tailored processes for deliveries and collections using TranSend ePOD
Brighthouse, the UK’s leading rent-to-own retail chain, has used TranSend ePOD to manage deliveries and collections between its depots, stores and customers for five years on rugged Windows Mobile devices.
During that time, TranSend ePOD has enabled Brighthouse to integrate processes and systems for route planning and customer orders, to help control operational costs, reduce damage claims and eliminate unnecessary paperwork and telephone calls.
The migration of TranSend ePOD to 120 Samsung J3 devices supports the Brighthouse move to smartphones whilst providing additional functionality and resilience.
TranSend ePOD uses a flexible, configurable workflow so that drivers receive instructions and updates, specific to each delivery or collection, for all stops on their route. As part of the migration to Android, the PDA workflow incorporates some new business process requirements for Brighthouse, including:
- Prompts on specific job types, such as photographic evidence on installations
- Simple driver debrief process
- Data capture on product collection
- Recording of product serial or IMEI numbers for tracking and audit trail.
- SOTI MobiControl is being deployed on the new devices to handle requirements of GDPR-compliance as well as CoPilot for truck-based routing and driver compliance.
TranSend has already brought efficiencies to Brighthouse, with real-time monitoring giving us greater control over our delivery operation. The project team at TranSend has worked closely with us as we have migrated the TranSend ePOD app to smartphone devices, allowing greater flexibility with customers as we can manage our deliveries by product and geography.
Rob Higgins, Change Manager at Brighthouse