Transforming criminal record checks for AccessNI
New Online Disclosure System improves customer experience whilst reducing costs and processing time
AccessNI is responsible for providing the criminal record disclosure service for
Northern Ireland residents. The service was lengthy, and required citizens to complete and return paper based applications. Processing these applications was a time consuming, error prone task, and incurred higher costs.
To address some of the key challenges, Access NI engaged Civica Digital, as part of the NI Direct strategic partnership programme, to design and implement a citizen centric online disclosure portal, complemented by a customer organisation facing portal, and an AccessNI staff facing management solution.
- Over 99% of all disclosure applications are now submitted online
- Expenditure costs including additional inflation costs, fell by 14
- Since the introduction of the solution 92% of customer organisations have seen improvements in the speed that disclosure certificates are returned
- 94% of customer organisations are satisfied with the service
- Since the introduction of the solution the average issue time for Enhanced disclosure certificates has reduced from 17 to less than 7 days.
- Partner portal that enables over 700 customer organisations to securely exchange electronic applications with citizens
We reduced staff costs, removed layers of work
no longer necessary such as checking of poorly
completed paper forms, improved the quality
of the jobs in AccessNI, and, most importantly
provided a better and quicker service to our
customers” Tom Clarke General Manager, AccessNI
Service Enquiry - Digital
Please complete this form to contact Civica.
Privacy – At Civica we take your privacy seriously. We collect data via our web site to operate effectively. We will use the information you provide only for the purpose of responding to your enquiry, and will route your details via email to the appropriate department.
You can read our full privacy notice here
By clicking ‘Send’ I consent to you sharing my details via email with the appropriate department(s).