Using SLAM and CostMaster in the cloud gives you more control of your costs, achieves significant savings and improves patient care.
We evaluated two other providers in conjunction with key stakeholders, but we felt that Civica’s system offered the best user experience for all staff, in the hospital and the community, including those with limited technical abilities.
Dawn Murphy, Finance Business Partner, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
Five reasons how cloud can help you
1. Lower cost of ownership - Cloud solutions are cheaper to run and maintain than on-premise. But not only that, you can scale up when you need it. 78% of public service leaders confirmed they realised cloud savings within the first 12 months.
2. Cost savings - Unwarranted variation across resource areas within hospitals is estimated to be worth £5bn in efficiency opportunities. We’ve developed a new advanced cloud analytics platform that analyses variations within departments and identifies additional specific cost savings. To date, it has identified additional cost savings of 3% in Trusts using it.
3. Better reporting - You get PowerBI, the world’s leading analytics and reporting suite, integrating seamlessly with SLAM and CostMaster data, as standard. With this powerful tool in hand, you can easily create personalised dashboards to better understand your costs and improve your reporting.
4. Easier to use - We’ve listened to our user community and have improved the design of SLAM and CostMaster to give you a better experience. As cloud software, we also take care of all the updates and ensure the system is running smoothly.
5. Improved security - End of support for Windows Server 2008 increased security risks for over 30,000 servers. And, as you know, the WannaCry attack cost the NHS an estimated £92m. SLAM and CostMaster in the cloud gives you the highest level of security and protection for your data.
confirmed that the quality of their IT systems were very good
rated their adoption of cloud technologies as very good
agreed simplifying the IT landscape was their highest priority
From our survey with Health and Care leaders across the UK
Better, faster & more innovative public services
Download our new report as we explore five key benefits of cloud and show, via recent use cases, how public service organisations are making every day better with cloudDownload now
The research quoted on this page comes from our recent 'A Word from the Wise' study.
The A Word from the Wise citizen survey was conducted by independent market research specialist, Censuswide, on behalf of Civica. A total of 2,123 citizens over the age of 18 (including 1,001 aged 70 and over) from across the UK were surveyed in May 2020
The A Word from the Wise public sector leader survey was conducted by independent market research specialists, Censuswide, on behalf of Civica. A total of 120 public sector leaders (weighted for even spread of organisational type) across the UK were surveyed in May 2020