Public sector leaders are battling against a backdrop of unprecedented change, political uncertainty and relentless budget constraints.
Effective leadership has an empowering ripple effect across an organisation and its workforce. With a clear vision and sustained communication, underpinned by strong guidance and support including mentoring and training, leaders can bring about a change in culture and performance.
Whilst there are many who talk about effective leadership, what organisations need is action. A highly-experienced team with ambition, agility and hunger to perform are key to success, however, wider leadership factors must come together as a foundation for innovation and stable growth.
As leaders, we must be open to self-improvement, nurture and develop our top teams, spread the word, genuinely bring people with us, and create clear, shared goals. Only in this way can we achieve a healthy leadership culture, and realise the myriad of business benefits that go hand in hand.
Wendy Merry, People and Organisational Development Director, Civica
- Andy Brown, City Customer Services Manager, Hull City Council
- Bill McCluggage, CEO, Laganview Associates
- Brendan Fowler, Director, Prospect Community Housing
- Chris Calkin, Past President, HFMA
- Dominic Whelan, Director of Shared Services, East Kent Services
- Gary Barnett, Head of End User Advisory, GlobalData
- Jason Vaughan, Strategic Director, Dorset Councils Partnership
- John Lunn, Partner, Moorhouse Consulting
- John Topping, Director of Finance, Gloucester City Council
- Karen Pile, IT Director, ACAS
- Kim Ryley, Director, Torque Leadership
- Lesley Buckels, Housing Consultant, Alysium Consulting
- Dr Maggi Evans, Senior Partner, Apter Development
- Manjit Obhrai, Associate PG Dean, West Midlands Workforce Deanery
- Mark Doorbar, Chief Executive, Safe Patient Systems Ltd
- Marc Farr, CIO, East Kent NHS
- Martin Tucker, Chief Executive, GatenbySanderson
- Nick Rowe, Strategic Finance Partner, London Borough of Ealing
- Peter Gillett, Director of Finance, Sussex Police
- Robin Tuddenham, Communities & Service Support Director, Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council
- Susan Clews, Chief Operating Officer, ACAS
- Tracey Cotterill, Director of Finance and Business Services, Medway NHS Foundation Trust
- Trevor Holden, Chief Executive, Luton Borough Council
- Wayne Story, CEO, Civica
- Wendy Merry, People and Organisational Development Director, Civica
- Gary Bell, Executive Director, Managed Services, Civica
- Paul Bradbury, Executive Director, Business Development, Civica