6th May 2022
Job title: Junior Payroll Administrator
Job reference: 1926
Are you looking for a development opportunity? Keen to grow a career?
Come and join our team of experienced payroll professionals and start to develop a career in payroll.
You will be fully supported our friendly, experienced team that will give full training and start you on the path to being a payroll professional.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UKsoftware company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2020: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Here is a success story from an employee who initially joined us as Junior Payroll Administrator and has progressed to Implementation Consultant
“This is such an amazing company to work for; the management team are always pushing me and trusting me with responsibilities, my mentor/s have helped and guided me to become the ‘employee’ that I am today and I feel so lucky to work alongside such a wonderful group of people.”
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, always monitoring and adhering to all payroll deadlines for the month for your customers.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Time management.
- Great attention to detail.
Your core responsibilities:
- Data input
- Use of Outlook and responding to customer queries
- Checking reports to ensure accuracy of payroll information
- Filing, paper and electronic
- Receiving, organising, and processing information
- Answering telephones and contacting customers to handle basic client queries
- Production of Management Information reports using both Excel and Word
- Gathering and distributing mail
- Assisting the Payroll Controllers on various duties
- Other general administration duties
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.