30th August 2022
Implementation Consultant (REMS)
Location: Home Based with some travel
Job reference: 2148
Benefits: comprehensive benefits, bonus (25 days holiday (option to buy more holiday) pension, medical cover, life cover, discounted gym membership, various
Skills: MIS, SQL, education sector experience
New Consultant opening within Civica’s education division working on the REMS MIS system.
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
The REMS Consultants role is a key member of the busy service delivery team delivering implementation services and consultancy to Colleges on the Civica REMS College Management Information System. Dealing with a mix of new implementations, conversions from legacy systems, training and escalated support/feature requests.
The consultancy team is responsible for the full life cycle of implementation which involves requirements gathering, system build, installation, testing, documenting and training.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role as customer contact will be significant both in person, remotely and by phone often in complex and time sensitive scenarios.
A proactive attitude along with the ability to juggle multiple conflicting priorities is a must to manage client expectations and delivery timescales
It is expected that a proportion of time will be visiting clients across the UK; therefore, a flexible approach to location is key.
The role will be office or home based depending on your location.
Essential skills / experience:
- Strong understanding of College Management Information Systems.
Additionally, the post holder must have:
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Presentation skills and delivery of training
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- Travel outside the office required regularly.
Preferred skills / Experience –
- School MIS Experience as either a supplier to colleges/schools or member of College/School MIS team
- Experience dealing with Education or Local Authority clients
- Civica REMS knowledge an advantage
- Technical aptitude or experience
We welcome applications
Studies have shown that certain underrepresented groups of people are less likely to apply for a job that they don’t 100% match. At Civica, we’re committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel.
So, if you like the sound of this opportunity but you don’t meet all of the requirements then please apply. You could be the perfect candidate for this or other opportunities within Civica.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica has different affinity groups in place, where people can share experiences and put forward their ideas, suggestions and recommendations to make Civica an even more inclusive organisation for everyone. Our groups are for anyone who wants to support and ally with that community and include: Early careers, accessibility, parents and guardians, wellness, LGBTQIA+, race and ethnicity and many more.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.