2nd February 2022
Job Title: UX Designer - contract (3 – 6 months initially)
Location: Home Based + occasional travel to UK customer site (London)
Salary: Contract Daily Rate - Inside IR35
** Current SC Clearance is essential for this role **
We are looking for an SC Cleared Contract UX Designer who is passionate about UX to join our diverse multidisciplinary team to help create UX services for a high-profile customer programme.
This is a hybrid role requiring UX, UR and BA skills including:
- Facilitating workshops and utilising post-its!
- Interviews / surveys
- Running prioritisation exercises
- Creating Customer / User Journey maps
- Supporting design of new services / features / solutions
- Imbedding a UX approach
- Describing users’ goals and tasks and their current pain-points.
- Identifying and defining user experience and accessibility requirements.
- Utilising an evidence-based user-centric approach to design decisions.
- Engage in usability and accessibility testing to continuously iterate ideas and designs.
- Produce high-quality service design and user experience artefacts such as personas, user journeys, prototypes and blueprints.
You will be an experienced UX Designer, (with 5+ years UX experience), with broad UX skills including UR and BA skills
** You must hold current SC Clearance **
In addition, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Self-starter, proactive approach, drive and energy.
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management.
- Collaborative mindset to work with stakeholders to bring designs to life, balancing user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Creative and innovative in the way you work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Awareness of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Keen interest in UX design best practices & trends and how to incorporate these into deliverables, such as journey maps, UX maps and service blueprinting.
- Experience running workshops with customers and presenting deliverables to senior stakeholders.
- Experienced in using a variety of methods of prototyping, including an awareness of coding. You know how to share best practice and can coach others. Knowledge of development technologies.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.