21st March 2022
Job Title: Trainee Revenues & Benefits Officer
Location: Pershore – WR10 1PT
Job type: Full Time/Permanent
Job Reference: 1828
A great opportunity has arisen for Revenues & Benefits Assessors to come and join our well-established company, based in Pershore.
All training will be provided so candidates that are team players, eager to learn new skills and that are computer literate are encouraged to apply.
Your core responsibilities:
To assess and process claims for Council Tax, Benefits & Business Rates claims, duties include:
- The efficient and accurate administration of all assessment applications received, and overpayments identified in accordance with the appropriate regulations, legislation and guidance;
- Carrying out all day-to-day activities necessary for the efficient and effective collection of Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates and BID liabilities
- Undertaking and evidencing appropriate checks and responding to queries in accordance with the relevant legislation and requirements of the service.
- Assisting in performing the system administration duties for the various computer systems in the Service.
- Assessing information from various sources in order to provide an outcome to a claim or request.
- Assisting with reconciliations, the management of creditor’s modules, checking, integrity and completion of returns from government departments, agencies and other relevant organisations.
You will be a team player with a can-do attitude and excited at the chance to learn new skills and develop a career with Civica:
- Good all round IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Numerate and literate
- Excellent telephone manner
- Desire to progress
- Positive ‘can do’ approach
- A minimum of 3 GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English or demonstrate equivalent standard of knowledge/education
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company. Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.