26th January 2022
Technical Consultant (Software Support Development)
Location: Home based (or work from a Civica hub if you prefer)
Job Reference: 1679
Working as part of a small software support team within Civica Housing the Technical Consultant Team support the development of our market leading Housing software solution. The team support implementations, upgrades and customisations of our Housing software solution.
As part of a small team of other Technical Consultants, the successful candidate will be responsible for both application back-end development and application configuration, as well as maintaining an existing code base and investigating, fixing and testing existing software problems.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, collaborative team who play an essential role supporting our cloud enabled Housing Management solution.
** Additionally, this is a very new team so you will be joining at a great time where you can participate and influence the current plans to improve the product and support processes **
Civica is an international software company and a global leader in public services technology with more than 3,000 customers across 10 countries. Our Housing Management Solution is a market leader and continues to grow its market share.
- 3+ years vb.net development experience, (or C#.net if you are willing to move across to vb.net)
- MS stack software development experience, IIS, SQL Server etc.
- Any exposure to automated build and deploy would be very uesful
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as the largest UK headquarted software business
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.