8th December 2021
Job Title: Service Designer (Mid to Senior)
Location: Home Based (London) & 1-2 days on-site a week
Do you have a genuine passion for making stand-out services?
Do you have a thirst to learn, to challenge and to help people?
Due to continued success, we are expanding, again!
We are looking for a Service Designer to join our diverse multidisciplinary team on a permanent basis to help create services for high profile customer programmes, initially with a high-profile UK-based bank.
Going forward there will be opportunities of engagements with Local and Central Government as well as private sector organisations.
We are currently recruiting for a Mid to Senior Service Designer, this role is home or office based (Southbank), but will require 1-2 days a week on-site with the client in central London.
Reporting into a Lead UX Designer, the Service Designer’s responsibilities include:
- Analyse failure within services and identify root causes for that failure
- Plan, arrange and facilitate meetings, workshops and training with stakeholders, from senior leaders to frontline staff and service users, to help inform and prioritise requirements.
- Describing users’ goals and tasks and their current pain-points.
- Utilising an evidence-based user-centric approach to design decisions.
- Create and rapidly iterate service prototypes
- Engage in usability and accessibility testing to continuously iterate ideas and designs.
- Produce high-quality service design and user experience artefacts such as personas, user journeys, prototypes and blueprints.
- You could be a User Researcher, UX Designer, or Service Designer in an agency, consultancy, or work in an in-house team, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of design thinking and user-centred design.
- Knowledge of GDS.
- Keen interest in UX design best practices & trends and how to incorporate these into deliverables, such as journey maps, UX maps and service blueprinting.
- Experience leading service design projects with customers delivering outcomes, not just outputs.
- Collaborative mindset to work with stakeholders to bring designs to life, balancing user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- You know how to manage stakeholder expectations, and capable of proactive and reactive communication.
- The ability to bring people together to form a motivated team and help create the right environment for everyone to work in.
- Creative and innovative in the way you work and think.
- Self-starter, proactive approach, drive and energy.
- Awareness of agile methodology and lean UX.
- Experience running workshops with customers and presenting deliverables to senior stakeholders.
- Experienced in using a variety of methods of prototyping. You know how to share best practice and can coach others.
- Knowledge of development technologies.
- Eligibility to obtain SC clearance (5 years UK residency with no extended periods outside of the UK)
Most of all we are looking for someone with a curious mind and an ability to pick things up quickly.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.