25th October 2021
Job title: Senior Software Engineering Manager
Location: Home Worker
Skills: Team Management, Hands-on software engineering project delivery and leadership, Agile / Waterfall and Hybrid Development Methodologies, Scope control and change management.
Business Unit: Central Government - https://www.civica.com/en-gb/about-us/what-we-do/central-government/
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Who are Civica?
We are a global software and services business, primarily split into three main areas; Central Government (Consultancy), Managed services and Software.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive and diverse culture where people enjoy working and thrive in their careers. Want to know how and why we are a great place to work? Check our Glassdoor reviews - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Civica-Reviews-E35357.htm
As well as our people focus, we are committed to delivering quality software and services to our range of clients who are mostly public sector however, we are looking to grow more into the private sector given our success and continued growth over the last 20 years.
The Senior Software Engineering Manager will have overall responsibility for the Central Government Professional Services Software Engineering Team. This is a pool of over 75 UK based engineers who are engaged on delivering projects across Civica’s customer base (largely in the UK public sector). The team includes Architect, Design, Developer and Test capabilities.
The role has been created to provide senior leadership to a growing team. At a high level it will include:
- Technical oversight and assurance of development and testing projects
- Contributing technical expertise during pre and post sales engagements, including meeting customer stakeholders
- Ensuring technical delivery capabilities match demand
- Ownership of technical standards, metrics and best practice that drive high quality deliverables
- Line and performance management, directly of managers and senior staff and ensuring that the whole team is managed to the highest standards
- Driving improvement initiatives to improve and measure productivity and quality, focussed on improving Civica’s competitiveness
- Increasing the use of Civica’s Vadodara development capability (currently >800 FTE) in our private and public sector customers
- Acting as a champion and evangelist (internally and externally) for software engineering excellence
Please apply using the links, contact me on LinkedIn or email me directly.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.