22nd September 2021
Job title: Revenues Officer
Location: Gloucester – Blended working split between home & the office
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Civica offer a range of IT-enabled business process services to transform service delivery and efficiency, with successful partnerships in local and central government and we’re now looking to grow our team with a Revenues Officer!
If you enjoy talking to people and trying to help them then this role could be for you!
Our work is to help and support people that are financially vulnerable agreeing payment arrangements, working with the Benefits Service or signposting to advice agencies.
Quote from hiring manager
“Working in the Council Tax department allows us to communicate with our residents to ensure we can support them with any help or assistance they require, whilst ensuring we collect revenue for the City Council. Which in turn means better public services for its residents and there is no better reward than that”
- You will be eager to join a successful team and grow your existing knowledge & skills.
- Relevant experience gained in Revenues or similar environment.
- Numeracy skills, including the ability to manipulate numerical data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer focus
Your core responsibilities:
- To identify and process the correct liability for each property, checking and issuing appropriate bills, forms and notices.
- To agree and set up Direct Debit arrangements, amendments, cancellations, special payment arrangements and action refunds as appropriate.
- To identify accounts requiring recovery action, making and monitoring arrangements with debtors and to take such action as appropriate in the case of non-payment.
- To decide and implement suitable action after a Liability Order has been granted, up to and including referring appropriate case to bailiffs and issuing committal warning letters or pre bankruptcy letters.
- To carry out calculations arising from valuation list changes and support the maintenance, control and reconciliation of the valuation list for all business and domestic properties, in the Service area.
Civica are a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. At Civica we believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for the customers. We recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.