23rd November 2021
Job Title: Revenues & Benefits Officer
Location: Home Based
Want to address your work-life balance? Fed up of the commute? Do you want your voice heard? Do you want to take control of your working life? Do you want work in a friendly and supportive environment?
Look no further…
CIVICA UK are looking to recruit experienced, enthusiastic and hardworking Revenues and Benefit Officers into permanent homeworking roles in our award winning OnDemand Service.
We can offer:
- Competitive salaries plus benefits
- Permanent full time 37.5hr per week positions – part time also considered
- 100% homeworking
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- 25 days leave with opportunity to purchase a further 10 days
- Company reward scheme
- Plus a raft of other flexible benefits covering healthcare and lifestyle
You will have proven skills in customer service and able to negotiate, where required, with customers/taxpayers. We want you to join our Revenues and Benefits team in Civica OnDemand services. If you are interested in background information on OnDemand please take a look at our resource video at: https://youtu.be/tG0JD7jkf1w
Why us, why Civica?
Civica is the leading provider of digital solutions & managed services for public sector and regulated markets. We help organisations around the world to deliver better outcomes for people and places. In Civica’ s OnDemand award winning Team, you would be joining a great service where your voice is heard.
- We offer blended working from home: no commuting, more time for yourself and with your friends/family
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer on Glassdoor: Our average length of service for our employees is 9 years
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices
You must have practical experience of working within all areas of Revenues and/or Benefits administration, excellent ICT skills and be trained in one or more of the main operating systems; Open Revenues, Academy and Northgate. As this is a homeworking position you will need to be able to demonstrate you are able to organise your work load effectively and communicate with managers and other remote workers.
Please note that this post requires access to Local Government systems and Civica. Therefore you will be required to undergo Basic Disclosure clearance.
About The Role
- As a Revenues and Benefits Officer, you will be supporting our clients with their Benefit, Council Tax and Business Rates caseloads dealing will all types of claims. Below are some of the main duties within the role.
- To ensure a full working knowledge of relevant legislation and IT applications to enable the efficient carrying out of the duties attached to the post.
- To answer and deal with telephone or written enquiries from customers and stakeholders, as appropriate, providing explanations and clarification of decisions and actions taken and general advice and guidance relating to legislation, policy and procedures.
- To identify possible irregularities in benefit claims and Revenues discount/exemption applications refer these cases to the Fraud Team.
- To participate on occasions, in small project teams to redesign and redevelop service provision when appropriate
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity & equality - Financial Times 2021.
At Civica we are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. At Civica we recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Joining Civica would be a great move for you and it could lead to a great career with our company. It is simply down to you to forge your own future with us.
For an informal conversation:
Tel: 0113 182 684
Closing date: 31/03/2022