7th February 2022
Project Manager (Junior or Mid-level)
Luton + Home based
Job Reference: 1708
** Delivering a broad range of IT projects across infrastructure, comms and applications **
Are you looking to further your career in IT project management? This Project Manager role presents a great career opportunity to grow your project management experience in a busy and varied IT projects team.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We also deliver managed services to a range of Local Government Customers in the UK.
We are looking for someone to join our small project management team in Luton with a great ‘Can Do’ attitude!
Working with other Project Managers as part of a busy project management team you will be responsible for:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders and technical resources,
- Responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and delivery of projects.
- Responsible for delivery within agreed time, budget and scope parameters.
- Work with Technical SME’s to transfer project scope and objectives into a clear delivery plan
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Work closely with the Programme Management Team to ensure consistent reporting to key stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Perform periodic Programme-wide RAID review and escalate as required
- Ensuring compliance to process & governance framework
Required skills and experience:
We are seeking a Junior or Mid-level PM with a great ‘Can-Do’ attitude, in addition you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- 1-2 years Project Management experience delivered in a PM role or as part of a technical role, delivering a range of technical infrastructure projects ie. networking, comms., system moves, application upgrades etc. Delivering projects to time, within scope and within budget. Delivering projects from requirement gathering to closure.
- A formal PM qualification such as Prince 2 Foundation or higher
- Competence in MS office, with particular strength in MS Excel and MS Project.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to effectively time manage & prioritise tasks
- Proven ability to contribute new ideas and better ways of working
- Commercially awareness with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines with challenging objectives
- Good time management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth. Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.