7th October 2021
Job title: Project Manager
Location: Home based with occasional travel to Newport Pagnell office and client sites
Are you a highly motivated Project Manager with experience of software project delivery and looking to take that next step?
Supporting with our cloud-based HR Software solutions, this position will be working with internal and external stakeholders and technical resources and responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and delivery of projects, within agreed time, budget, and scope parameters.
You will be responsible for the delivery of multiple, software projects so previous software project delivery experience is essential, along with a strong commercial awareness.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a team providing multi-skilled service delivery as well as developing and maintaining the relationship with the customer
- Proactive ongoing management throughout the project lifecycle
- Identifying and quantifying project risks and mitigating actions
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders and project teams to ensure coherent design and delivery
- Ensure accurate and timely resource and revenue forecasting of assigned projects
- Perform periodic Programme-wide RAID review and escalate as required.
- Full life-cycle project management experience delivering complex software projects within a software house environment; HR or Payroll software experience is advantageous
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Qualified
- Commercially astute with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with internal and external customers
- Ability to manage expectations and control change in an IT projects environment.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.