8th December 2021
Location: Home based with travel to Cheltenham once a week
Skills – Agile Project management, Scrum, Software project experience, managing offshore project teams
Are you working in compliance and looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to join a Top-Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
Civica is a top provider of IT managed services to public sector organisations. This opening is to work with one of our top public sector clients in a project team responsible for implementation of new software and infrastructure systems.
As a Project Manager, you will play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing medium to large projects. You will be accountable for the entire project scope, project team, resources, and the success or failure of the project.
Key responsibilities will include –
- Ensuring that Projects are being initiated, delivered, measured, closed and handed over to support in a structured and repeatable process, which delivers a positive referenceable customer experience.
- Ensure a consistent delivery experience for the customer.
- Activity and resource planning
- Organizing and motivating a project team
- Regular monitoring and reporting against defined project plans, both internal and external stakeholders
- Responsibility for the day-to-day supervision, and motivation of project staff and suppliers
- Controlling time management
- Cost estimating and developing the budget
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Analysing and managing project risk
- Monitoring progress
- Managing reports and necessary documentation
Suitable people for this opening will have diverse project management or delivery management experience in software projects. You’ll need end to end delivery experience and good overall understanding of project management methodology such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum etc. You’ll have been client facing and have excellent communication skills. Experience managing offshore project teams is also essential.
Due to Civica’s clients being in the Public sector candidates will need to be eligible for security clearance (SC leve). This means 5 years UK residency is essential.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.