28th January 2022
Privacy and Compliance Specialist
Location: Home Based UK
Job Reference: 1701
Salary: Competitive + comprehensive benefits (pension, medical cover, life cover, discounted gym membership, various employee discount schemes)
Skills: CIPP/E Privacy Compliance data protection GDPR
Are you a compliance professional with specific expertise in privacy and data protection seeking a new role in an industry leading organisation? Do you want to join a Top-Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
Civica is a top provider of software and IT managed services to public sector organisations. This role involves supporting the central operations teams such as marketing, HR and finance on business processes for the principles of privacy, security, resilience and quality.
Responsibilities could include -
- Advising a wide range of stakeholders in compliance related matters
- Developing and maintaining knowledge on privacy laws relating to the geographies in which Civica operates
- Completing privacy documentation (ROPA, DPIA, LIA)
- Reviewing policies and procedures
- Reviewing contracts for data protection compliance
- Managing breaches and incidents
- Providing recommendations for improvement
- Analysing and interpreting processes
- Identifying and managing risks
- Assessing the supply chain
Suitable candidates will have the CIPP/E qualification or similar (PC.dp, or EU GDPR F&P) and have worked in a compliance role focussed on privacy and data protection. Experience in a software company would be beneficial or similar environment. You’ll need to be educated to degree level and have excellent analytical skills.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.