12th January 2022
Job title: Payroll Bureau Manager
Location: Newport Pagnell
Job type: Full time, permanent
Are you an experienced Payroll Bureau Manager looking to join a global organisation that supports development?
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to come and join our team and have varied role with overall responsibility for the delivery of outsourced payroll services to customers, delivering a reputable, referenceable service for Civica..
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- CIPP qualified
- Extensive knowledge of pensions and pension legislation
- Leadership skills
- Experience of delivering payroll services as part of an outsourced team
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet all customer and legislative deadlines
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, internally and externally
- Excellent customer relationship skills
Your core responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Bureau Director , you will have full responsibility for the delivery of expert payroll services to your allocated customer payrolls
- You will line manage the Payroll Bureau Team, setting stretching objectives and keeping up to date with regular individual Check Ins
- Take ownership for the service delivered ensuring payroll and legislative requirements are met from start to finish of the payroll cycle, including pensions and tax year end
- Monitoring and adhering to all payroll deadlines for the month for your customers and the team’s
- Responsible for the operational management of the team
- Involvement with implementation of new allocated customer business or changes to their payroll set-up.
- Work with the Sales teams in support of new customer opportunities and tendor/bid responses.
Above all in the markets we serve, people matter. Combining exceptional customer focus, experience and commitment, it is our people and values that sets us apart.
Civica has a strong track record as one of the fastest growing providers of our kind, driven by a clear strategy to help our customers address sustained and significant change and to transform the way they work.
Our people, their know-how and their commitment to do well for customers, colleagues and communities is our defining characteristic. So we continue to recruit and retain people with the values, ability and attitude to succeed – find out more - https://www.civica.com/en-gb/about-us/careers/why-civica/
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.