21st December 2021
Job title: Payroll Bureau Manager - NHS
Job type: Full time, permanent
Are you an experienced Payroll Bureau Manager looking to join a global organisation that supports development?
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to come and join our team in the Belfast office and have varied role across managed payroll & HR services for the NHS.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- CIPP qualified
- Good understanding of NHS Payroll processes and AFC legislation
- Leadership skills
- Experience of delivering payroll services as part of an outsourced team
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet all customer and legislative deadlines
- Experience of working with different pension schemes, such as NHS Pensions and NEST
- Working knowledge of ESR
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, internally and externally
- Excellent customer relationship skills
Your core responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will have full responsibility for the delivery of expert payroll services to your allocated customer payrolls
- You will line manage the NHS Payroll Bureau Team, setting stretching objectives and keeping up to date with regular individual Check Ins
- Take ownership for the service delivered ensuring payroll and legislative requirements are met from start to finish of the payroll cycle, including pensions and tax year end
- Monitoring and adhering to all payroll deadlines for the month for your customers and the team’s
- Responsible for the operational management of the team
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.