11th January 2022
Job title: Implementation Consultant
Location: Home based with occasional travel as and when may be required
This role will be supporting with our cloud-based Regulatory Services Software, making regulatory services management easier for local authorities.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
The role – Implementation Consultant
We are currently recruiting for an Implementation Consultant to join our Service Delivery Team, working with several concurrent Civica customers on the implementation of the Cx and APP Systems.
The role will involve completing high-level specifications, assessing the effort and risk involved and then ultimately undertaking the development, testing and rollout of changes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good knowledge of the Regulatory Services sector, including Environmental Health, Licensing, Housing Enforcement/Assistance and Trading Standards and policies.
- Ability to manage expectations and control change in an IT projects environment
- Strong Technical background and commercial awareness
- Strong analysis skills and knowledge of databases, including SQL
- Ability to deliver messages clearly and concisely in line with the recipient’s viewpoint, be that technical, managerial, or strategic
- Excellent communication skills, presenting, written and verbal at all levels
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integration of new functionality with existing systems
- Set-up, organise, manage, control and deliver your projects on time, within budget, and to the right quality, in line with Civica’s Project Management methodology
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary
- Provide support and advice to customers on configuration and testing, troubleshooting issues, querying the database via SQL and communicating a clear resolution
- Produce and maintain documentation to high standards for both internal and customer use, including user literature, configuration documentation and technical specifications
- Lead and chair key workshops e.g., scoping, project kick off and review meetings to manage resources using Civica methodologies
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.