26th January 2022
Job title: Head of Bid Management
Location: Home based with occasional travel
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 1696
We’re looking for a strong bid management leader to come and lead our team!
The Head of Bids leads the Bid Team for the Central Government GB business unit.
The primary purpose is to set and maintain a high standard for the quality of our bid submissions and the lead the bid team’s approach to collaborating with Sales, Technical Presales, Professional Services, Operations, Finance and Commercial functions to develop and win business with existing and new customers.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- A solid understanding of Public Sector procurement practice and how Public Sector bids are won is essential
- Significant experience of leading bid teams developing digital solutions
- Able to identify the key information surrounding a requirement, establishing what the client is aiming to achieve and the outputs they expect
- Have a keen eye for detail and an ability to infer and clarify requirements that are not explicitly stated
- Be able to communicate customer requirements to both bid contributors and senior management as necessary.
- Confident in using their understanding of the client’s business and requirements to guide and support the technical resources engaged in any bid.
- Proven ability to coordinate responses from multiple contributors to develop a consistent whole.
- Able to continuously qualify opportunities through the bid cycle and be comfortable making recommendations to no bid if required.
- Able to deliver high quality outputs in short bid timescales.
- The role requires the individual to build an understanding of the technologies, processes, and frameworks we use.
Your core responsibilities:
- This role will drive up the quality of bids and win rate for the division, with responsibility for the continual development of our bid strategy, process and approach to achieving the highest possible scores.
- Coaching and leading the bid team
- Managing the priorities of the bid team, understanding the priorities of the business Managing Directors and Sales Directors
- Reporting on bidding activity, win/loss metrics, lessons learnt and implementing them in an agile fashion
- Owning a continuous improvement approach for bid process, content and people
- Contributing to a resilient approach to qualifying in or out of bids, balancing the growth needs of the business with the available bidding resources
- Driving the development of compelling win themes
- Lead the Bid Team to own the bid documents that are submitted to the customer, with a focus on maximising Civica’s scores and win ratio
Preferred but not essential:
- APMP qualified
- DOS and GCloud experience
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.