16th June 2021
Job title: Group Finance Accountant
Location: Home based / Blended Working
Job type: Full time, Permanent
This role is a great combination of both management reporting and statutory accounting, utilising technical knowledge and commercial acumen to support the Group Finance team following the Group’s continued growth (19 years unbroken growth to £93m EBITDA and £425m turnover in FY20).
How will my career develop with Civica?
The previous Group Finance Accountant is now the Group Finance Manager, and the Group Financial Controller started as the Group Finance Manager. We develop the talent within the business.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Team-player, people orientated and customer-service driven
- Pro-active approach to problem solving, with strong logical reasoning
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Strong technical accounting skills with knowledge and experience of FRS102
- Experience of consolidated accounts (entities / divisions)
- Experience of preparing complete statutory accounts
- Advanced Excel - ability to interrogate and analyse data to present reliable information
- Proven ability to work flexibly to achieve deadlines
- Ambitious and challenges the status quo
Your core responsibilities:
- Weekly consolidated cash flow actual results and forecasts
- Monthly consolidated management accounts and Group board pack
- Quarterly lender reporting and covenant compliance
- Management accounts for holding companies
- Statutory accounts and audit (trading subsidiaries, holding companies, newly acquired entities and Group consolidated)
- Annual budgets (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and KPI’s)
- Acquisition accounting, fair value assessments, integration support
- Other projects that occur in a fast-growing, private-equity backed Group including corporate restructuring, tax (e.g. transfer pricing, R&D expenditure credits).
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.