15th June 2022
Unleash your potential.
Join our 2022 graduate programme…
Graduate Software Developer
Location: London – Southbank (Hybrid)
Job Reference: 2020
Salary: £26,000 per annum + benefits
At Civica, we never stand still…
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth – We never stand still, so you won’t either!
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
From new faces and experiences, to opportunities and challenges, it’s our people and culture that makes us different. After all, our sustained growth and success over the last 22 years hasn’t been coincidental. It’s been down to us attracting, recruiting and retaining, fresh thinking individuals with a passion to make a difference. Individuals just like YOU!
Our technology is used all over the country and touches the very depths of cyberspace in a multitude of industries – so when you join our team, the sky’s definitely not the limit.
You’ll join our 2 year graduate scheme and go through our induction programme. As you progress up the ranks, you’ll follow a comprehensive learning and development programme. You’ll also get regular mentoring from more experienced colleagues and regular performance and salary reviews throughout the graduate scheme.
So, what does Graduate Software Developer do?
CIVICA Financials is seeking a creative, self-organised and self-motivated Graduate Software developer with knowledge of SDLC, and who is keen to join a multinational software company.
Working within our Civica Financials team you will be developing, unit testing and documenting new software and making changes to the existing software modules following the Civica standard processes.
- Design and coding of new components, functionalities and features.
- Iterative development of software/ components with responsiveness to constructive feedback.
- Provide 3rd line application support against agreed service levels including the implementation of bug fixes.
- Develop and maintain code to a high standard within IT development and maintenance projects.
- Assisting in designing and maintaining build and release pipelines, and handling DevOps processes for a project (for DevOps Automation specialists).
- Analyse new requirements and provide support in impact analysis addressing technical design and identifying individual tasks.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve support issues as they arise and as directed by the project manager and leads.
- Perform functional/ non-functional testing of work.
- Write high-quality coded unit tests to adhere to the code coverage criteria defined at project level.
- Write documentation and comment code as required
The secret to your success
- Passion. That’s our secret. We only employ the most talented, qualified and creative graduates, all of whom exhibit professionalism, consistency and integrity in everything they do. We promise that the only career limitation will be your own ambition!
- Commitment. Our people and their commitment to do well for customers, colleagues and communities, is a defining characteristic of Civica.
- Excellent communication skills, a proven ability to work as a team and great interpersonal skills count. We’ll also be looking for you to be self-motivated and work on your own initiative. At Civica we embrace diversity and appreciate individuality, so don’t forget to tell us about your passions and adventures!
Essential skills and qualifications
- Strong fundamentals of Software Engineering as a whole.
- Good understanding of programming, and technology stack/ framework.
- Out of box thinking and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- Good in verbal and written communication skills and able to take part in meetings and discussions.
- Proactive personality and able to work with guidance from development team members
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think laterally to solve problems
- Ability to work with team members of different cultures
We’re big on benefits
As clichéd as it may sound, you’re our future, our differentiator and our greatest asset, so rest assured that we’ll reward you accordingly. Here’s what you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Regular performance and salary reviews and 1:1s
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Critical Illness cover from your first day of employment (£25,000)
You’ll also receive a competitive, flexible benefits package which includes private healthcare cover, cycle to work scheme, Tastecard and more.
- 25 days holiday per annum plus a ‘Donate a day’ to support a charity of your choice.
- An internal rewards system for going the extra mile - 100 points = £1.
A full induction programme and training provided through the Civica Academy, together with mentoring and coaching to aid your career. For more information, please email our Academy team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications – 16th May 2022
The Civica Graduate Programme will start in early October 2022
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.