22nd December 2021
Job Title: Financial Systems Analyst
Location: UK – Home Based
We are looking to recruit a Financial Systems Analyst to support the global implementation and rollout of a new financial planning and Analysis system and provide ongoing process improvement, finance systems support, and best practice support for the new systems.
- Work with the central & divisional finance teams to identify, initiate and drive continuous improvement of finance systems & processes
- Assist with finance systems implementation and subsequent updates incl. UAT, report/model writing, data cleaning and preparation
- Create financial models/ reports to support financial performance reporting, identification of revenue growth and cost saving initiatives, as well as other ad-hoc requirements
- Support and coordinate monthly forecasting, budgeting, and long-term planning processes to ensure timely submission
- Continuously and proactively seek improvement to the system and how it’s used across the group by understanding stakeholders' requirements and challenges
- Collaborate with our IT teams to develop and maintain integration between FP&A and other systems
- Support onboarding of new acquisitions onto finance systems
- Identify and act on reconciling differences to ensure one version of truth and interlock across FP&A, GL, order processing, and time recording systems.
- Act as an SME for the new FP&A system helping to develop user knowledge and self-help ability to maximise the adoption and effectiveness of the system.
- Works closely with our IT teams to ensure appropriate controls and audit trail is in place, incl. user permissions
- Newly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with proven understanding of management accounting processes
- Passion for systems, data, and process improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with collaborative approach that builds strong network of finance and non-finance colleagues globally
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability and drive to operate independently
- Comfortable challenging status quo and operating outside a defined role remit or profile
- Structured and logical problem solver with a proactive approach - initiates action and change before a problem arises
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills along with proficiency in working with large data sets
- Strong attention to detail and self-review process to ensure consistently high-quality outputs
- Excellent organisation skills to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends/family
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer on Glassdoor: Our average length of service for our employees is 9 years
- Societal Impact – Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.