25th November 2021
Job title: Clinical Systems Technical Consultant
Location: Home based with travel
This role will be part of the Health and Care team, which provides a wide range of services and solutions, helping to unify health & care for better clinical, operational and financial outcomes.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
The role – Clinical Systems Technical Consultant
As part of a multi-disciplined technical team, the Technical Consultant will focus on the implementation, and ongoing maintenance and support of Applications, Databases and related infrastructure, developing and delivering solutions both externally for customers and internally to support development and testing requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully understand external/internal customer problems/requirements which require a solution and to use agreed tools and techniques when required to express and document these requirements
- Deploy Civica applications on environments for customers and for internal use within the end-to-end software delivery life cycle
- Carry out configuration, administration and maintenance of multiple Oracle and SQL database instances where required
- Work flexibly with other team members in product, development, testing and services to configure, develop and deliver solutions to problems
- Ensure that implemented solutions to problems are well documented in order that we can learn from them and apply similar solutions in other projects going forward
- Travel to customer sites when required, including out of core hours
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working within the public healthcare sector (desirable)
- Experience and knowledge of installing, configuring and troubleshooting software applications within virtual technology platforms
- Knowledge of Oracle (Essential) and T-SQL, PL/SQL Querying techniques, security administration, server configuration and security best practice
- Technical knowledge of both hosted and remotely administered environments and infrastructure
- Flexible, adaptable; able to think on your feet and work on your own initiative
- Excellent ability to work with customers and understand their problems in the Health and Care arena
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.