30th June 2022
Business Analyst (Electoral services software)
1 Year fixed term contract
Location: Home Based UK
Job reference: 2043
Benefits: comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday (option to buy more and sell back holiday) pension, medical cover, life cover, discounted gym membership, various employee discount schemes
Skills: Business analysis, BA, agile, elections, software
Are you a Business Analyst or Electoral Services Officer seeking a new role in an industry leading company? Do you want to join a Top Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
Civica Xpress is embarking on the migration of it’s existing core desktop applications into a browser based, cloud hosted environment.
As the largest provider of Electoral Management Systems in the UK, this project represents one of the most significant opportunities to drive innovation in the delivery of UK elections in recent years.
As part of this project we have an exciting opportunity to join the cloud development team. Working as part of a close team this role will involve:
Working closely with the team to design solutions to client’s business requirements and solving problems as the need arises.
Working closely with the Product Manager, Subject Matter expert, other BAs, Scrum Master and Technical Lead to review priorities and timescales for product delivery and customer needs.
Involvement in the whole life cycle of software development, creating specifications, backlogs, attending sprint retrospectives, backlog refinements, demonstrations and planning sessions.
Creating, revising, and updating User Stories throughout the project in response to changing needs and situations, ensuring the Agile team prioritizes tasks accordingly.
Facilitating the process of defining, analysing, tracing and testing the requirements for a given Sprint.
Reviewing and managing incoming enhancement and change requests and production defects fixes and help prioritise developments for release.
- Experience as a Business Analyst or Electoral Services Officer
- Experience of managing customer requirements and expectations.
- Commercially astute with the gravitas, communication, and interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.