11th November 2021
Job title: Apprentice Software Support Operative
Location: Work from Home with Travel to Schools during School Holidays
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Do you have a passion for software solutions and looking to take your career into the IT support world? Do you want to be an integral part of a leading software solutions provider?
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Software Support Operative to join one of our Business Units, Parago.
Parago is the leading Asset & Estates Management SaaS solution for education, which incorporates IT & Inventory, Premises & Compliance, and another eight associated modules. We have 2,000+ customers mainly in the UK, but also in the US and worldwide. Our sales have seen consistent growth since we started in 2010, with an excellent customer retention level.
As part of this Apprenticeship Scheme, you will become an advocate for excellent customer service with our Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship standard. Work with our highly experienced Trainers and Tutors who all have extensive industry experience, to develop your knowledge and skills. The Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship is suitable for those who are a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints and queries.
The Apprenticeship - Introduction to Level 3 Customer Service Specialist:
- This programme is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be proficient in delivering customer service. We will support you in applying your knowledge and skill into your day-to-day work and help you to evidence the impact that this has had.
- You will typically spend 13 months undertaking a detailed programme of learning and development.
- You will attend a series of training sessions with your Tutor and Trainer, which is classed as off-the-job training.
- You will also be trained whilst in the workplace by your employer, which is classed as on-the-job training (as described in the role details below)
- Following the above you will then take an End Point Assessment to complete the apprenticeship.
- Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level.
- Although a Work from Home position you will need to have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle, as you could travel and stay anywhere in England to assist in carrying out on site services during peak times. You will report directly to the Support Team Lead.
- Taking support calls, livechat and emails from our schools and MATs, and ensuring we adhere to our service level agreements.
- Be proactive in ensuring customers past support cases are still resolved by phone calls, livechat and email.
- Provide remote, online training of the system to schools and MATs
- Contribute to the monthly cycle of testing necessary in the version releases
- Contribute to maintaining the system documentation, training materials including video content
- Full training will be provided on the Parago solution, and our internal and Civica systems.
- Achieved an A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in mathematics and English
- A passion for IT and Software Solutions
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.