5th May 2022
Job Role: Application Support Analyst
Location: Hybrid Dudley/Homebased
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Job Reference: 1925
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UKsoftware company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
I am looking for an experienced Application Support Analyst to join CIVICA. We are well known for our bespoke software offering and we work within the Public Sector. This role will be to ensure the provision of high quality product support to this businesses customer base.
- Key focus on ensuring all incidents, problems, service requests and change requests are dealt with in a professional manner within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Develop knowledge and skill sets to confidently support Civica’s products and solutions
- Utilise knowledge and experience of operating systems and databases to investigate reported faults.
- Utilise internal test systems and remote support methods to investigate reported faults.
- To retain ownership of all issues logged by the customer until resolution.
- Liaise with Development to find resolutions to reported software faults and to ensure that defects and change requests are managed effectively.
- To communicate and liaise as necessary with other Housing BU teams to support customers, issue resolution and product improvement.
- Assist Project Managers with issues that are occurring whilst the customer is still in the project phase.
- Develop customer relationships and attend customer sites when required.
- Assist with product testing when required.
- To produce concise issue resolution and user documentation as required for handover to Housing BU colleagues and customers.
- Proven customer service skills
- Good knowledge of scripting and querying SQL /MS SQL Server 2008 to 2019
- Effective personal management; able to work under pressure, manage workload and achieve deadlines, ability to manage priorities and expectations both internally and with customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to provide clear and effective reporting and documentation.
- Ability to inform and persuade others
- Effectively present both themselves and Civica
- Ability to manage expectations and control change in an IT projects environment
- Experience of working within an application support environment
- Able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- ITIL/SDI awareness is an advantage.
- Hold a full UK Driving License, or equivalent
- Commercial awareness in our market
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.