Calorie labelling: Achieve compliance and enable healthier choices
Under new regulations from April 2022, organisations in England with more than 250 employees, including contract caterers, local authorities and NHS Trusts, will be required to display calorie information to customers when choosing food items. This includes physical menus, online menus, food delivery platforms and food labels.
The Calorie Labelling (Out of Home Sector) (England) Regulations 2021 is designed to make it easier for consumers to make healthier choices when eating out.
Civica Saffron makes it easy to meet the new requirements. Our cloud catering management software:
- Calculates calories for each individual menu item
- Integrates data from supplier links or via Erudus
- Pulls nutrition data from McCance and Widdowson
- Provides data to EPOS and pre-order apps
- Exports data to label suppliers
- Presents information to customers on the Saffron Wellbeing Portal.
If you would like to talk to us about how Saffron can help your organisation meet the new calorie labelling regulations, please complete the form below and one of our experts will be in touch
A Simple Solution to New Calorie Labelling Regulations
Learn more about how the regulations impact you and how Civica can helpRead more