11th August 2022
Location: Home Based - UK
Job reference: 1876
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Skills: Manual Testing, Azure DevOps, ISEB / ISTQB
We are looking to recruit a Tester for Civica’s Modern.Gov business unit. Working on a market leading product for organisational governance across multiple sectors the Software Tester will have existing experience of testing activities against commercial software products, including but not limited to, test planning, test execution, defect identification, issue reporting and documentation.
The role will involve being a member of our test team primarily testing software fixes and enhancements and providing test results and product documentation. This will be for both existing products and greenfield projects. The role will work very closely with our existing development team, but also liaise with the business and support teams where appropriate.
- Experience of a commercial software testing role
- Azure DevOps experience - Boards, Test plans
- Specification / User story interpretation and clarification
- Test plan and test case creation
- Test execution / defect identification
- Experience of different testing types including requirements, regression, exploratory, acceptance testing
- Documentation of test results
- Working with developers to perform root cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Dry run-through of scenarios to troubleshoot product issues
- Experience of defect management systems
- Creation and maintenance of product documentation
- Ability to prioritise work and plan
- Good communication skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.