6th September 2022
Job Title: Lead Business Analyst
Location: Hybrid – Home + London based twice per week
Job Reference: 2159
Skills: BA / Business Analyst experience, software, team leadership, BCS certification preferred, Public sector experience ideally
Business Unit: Central Government - https://www.civica.com/en-gb/about-us/what-we-do/central-government/
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Do you love getting to the heart of the business and user needs that make critical services work for everyone?
Is being part of a rapidly expanding, passionate community of Business Analysts, User Researchers and User Experience Designers something that excites you?
These specialisms have never been more important to our customers, so we are growing.
We are looking for someone with a passion for delivering people-centered services that make a difference.
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
The Role -
We’re looking for a Lead Business Analyst to head up our diverse multidisciplinary team to help create people-centred services for high profile customer programmes, including engagements with local and central government as well as private sector organisations.
This role is home based but will potentially require travel to customer sites. There is also the expectation that you would work regularly within one of our hubs in London (Southbank), Bristol (Spectrum Building) or Manchester (Altrincham) as we understand being at home can sometimes get boring and to help build relationships with the team!
As part of the Customer Experience (CX) leadership team within the Consultancy Services Group, you will report into the Director of Customer Experience and will help set direction of the capability, including identifying opportunities for, and achieving growth.
You will help determine, and drive adoption of the approaches to be used by our team on people-centric projects, such as investigating user needs, gathering requirements, mapping stakeholders, realising benefits, change management and more.
You will also work closely to collaborate with others, including:
- User Experience Lead
- User Research Lead
- Account Directors
- BAs/User Researchers/User Experience Designers (and all roles in between including service designers, architects, developers, project managers and testers)
- Plus, anyone who will listen :)
Ideally, you will have experience of being involved in creating people-centered services and be ready to lead the BA team within our CX family, as well as still being involved in our client projects.
As our Lead BA, your focus will be to:
- Grow our people
- Delight our customers
- Grow our business
- Developing relationships with rising and key clients to identify and unlock strategic business opportunities aligned with the objectives of the CX capability, Consultancy Services Group and Civica.
- Regularly reviewing the status of our relationships with clients to ensure harmonious and collaborative engagements
- Leading the BA capability objectives and revenue targets
- Advocating the BA practice and awareness of changing trends
- Planning, allocating and reviewing team resources against forecast
- Coaching and supporting junior colleagues
- Acting as a line manager for other Senior BAs within the capability
- Reviewing the skills and knowledge of the capability and delivering appropriate support and coaching
- Reviewing existing ways of working and technologies that align to BA approaches and looks to improve where things are not working
- Researching new analysis and investigative techniques and sharing these with the capability
- Championing the principles of agile delivery, promoting our teams (Customer Experiences) approaches and methodologies through the capability and company, and actively developing innovative approaches, propositions, and ways of working
- Preparing, reviewing and presenting proposals to our potential customers
- Recruiting new team members in line with project needs, team vision and goals
As well as leading our BA practice, you will also work directly on client projects and services. Your responsibilities will include:
- Actively looking for sector/market knowledge that can be shared with others within the team that will add value within project
- Managing expectations of stakeholders throughout the business lifecycle
- Completing all aspects of requirements capture and documentation to the highest standards and follow a people-centred design approach
- Appreciating the role research plays in developing requirements and services
- Working with the clients to prioritise deliverables and define scope
- Sharing your experience and knowledge with the team to ensure the most suitable outputs are delivered
- Reviewing and providing feedback for team members’ deliverables where appropriate
- Understanding complex processes and translating them into “as is” and “to be” process models and undertaking gap analysis of those models
- Identifying pain points and opportunities for improving efficiency
- Producing roadmaps, business cases, or implementation plans
- Defining, communicating, and measuring the benefits of business change
- Facilitating communication between developers, designers and clients and mediating any conflicts or misunderstandings that arise
- Leading and contributing to sprint planning, story pointing sessions and supporting stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives
- 10+ years commercial experience as a BA
- Experience within Health Care/NHS and/or Central Government a plus
- Experience of leading a team of BAs and other project teams
- Self-starter, proactive approach, drive, and energy
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management
- Creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Business Analysis methods and applicable techniques
- Experience using analysis/elicitation techniques (e.g., workshops, interviews, observations etc.)
- Excellent understanding of Agile methodologies
We welcome applications
Studies have shown that certain underrepresented groups of people are less likely to apply for a job that they don’t 100% match. At Civica, we’re committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel.
So, if you like the sound of this opportunity but you don’t meet all of the requirements then please apply. You could be the perfect candidate for this or other opportunities within Civica.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica has different affinity groups in place, where people can share experiences and put forward their ideas, suggestions and recommendations to make Civica an even more inclusive organisation for everyone. Our groups are for anyone who wants to support and ally with that community and include: Early careers, accessibility, parents and guardians, wellness, LGBTQIA+, race and ethnicity and many more.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.