12th July 2022
Job title: Desktop Team Lead
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 2067
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Are you looking to step up into a Team Lead position? Do you want to be part of the Operation Change function including the introduction of new technologies?
This is a great opportunity to head up the Desktop Team to ensure that users have fit for purpose devices deployed using a fast and efficient process and that incidents and service requests are managed within KPI’s to avoid service breaches.
How will my career develop with Civica?
The Team will take ownership of problems relating to the desktop infrastructure while ensuring that the environment is maintained and patched to manufacturer specification and plan for the remediation of risks and vulnerabilities within specified timelines. You can do this by inputting your own processes and procedures to make the team as efficient as possible.
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- You will have comprehensive knowledge of Desktop Technologies and be an excellent team player with time-management and organizational skills. You will have a passion for problem solving with excellent attention to details
- The Desktop Team Leader will also be responsible for the production of management and adhoc reports and will act as a Duty Manager when required.
Your core responsibilities:
- Act as SME for Desktop Technologies,
- To lead and motivate the team of desktop engineers
- Manage the team to ensure that tickets are prioritised and closed in line with SLAs to avoid service breaches.
- Act as technical mentor for the desktop team, providing technical and career development support for the team members.
- Ensure that all team members have development and training plans that are reviewed and updated as part of monthly Check-ins.
- Act as an interface between the Luton ITO team and the Civica Service Centre, ensuring good communication and collaboration between the teams takes place to improve support services.
- Work with the Client ICT Team to understand service impact of faults.
- Take the lead on new products/systems implementation
- Be responsible for the support status and security requirements of the desktop environment
- Provide documentation and training to onboard new desktop services.
- Ensure documentation is available and kept up to date.
- Provide accurate and timely management reports as defined.
- Ensure that accurate records are kept of current stock levels and that all repairs of faulty equipment are carried out in a timely manner
- Proactively drive the use of Self-Service tools. Grow and maintain knowledge management to increase quality of data available.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.