16th December 2021
Job Title: UX Designer
Location: Home Based + occasional travel to UK customer sites
Job Reference: 1636
Do you have a genuine passion for all things “UX”?
Do you have a thirst to learn, to challenge and to help people?
Due to continued success, we are expanding, again!
We are looking for a UX designer to join our diverse multidisciplinary team to help create services for high profile customer programmes, including engagements with local and central government as well as private sector organisations.
We are currently recruiting for a Mid-level UX Designer, this role is home based, but will potentially require travel to customer sites. There is also the flexibility to work within one of hubs in London (Southbank), Bristol (Spectrum Building) or Manchester (Altrincham) as we understand being at home can sometimes get boring.
Reporting into a Lead UX Designer, the UX Designer’s responsibilities include:
- Planning user research to help inform and prioritise requirements.
- Carrying out research activities and presenting the findings to stakeholders.
- Facilitating workshops and utilising post-its!
- Describing users’ goals and tasks and their current pain-points.
- Identifying and defining user experience and accessibility requirements.
- Utilising an evidence-based user-centric approach to design decisions.
- Engage in usability and accessibility testing to continuously iterate ideas and designs.
- Produce high-quality service design and user experience artefacts such as personas, user journeys, prototypes and blueprints.
- You could be a UX designer in an agency, consultancy or work in an in-house team with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Self-starter, proactive approach, drive and energy.
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management.
- Collaborative mindset to work with stakeholders to bring designs to life, balancing user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Creative and innovative in the way you work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Awareness of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Awareness of agile methodology and lean UX.
- Keen interest in UX design best practices & trends and how to incorporate these into deliverables, such as journey maps, UX maps and service blueprinting.
- Experience running workshops with customers and presenting deliverables to senior stakeholders.
- Experienced in using a variety of methods of prototyping, including an awareness of coding. You know how to share best practice and can coach others. Knowledge of development technologies.
- You are ambitious and looking to further your career.
Most of all we are looking for someone with a curious mind and an ability to pick things up quickly.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.