7th May 2021
Location: Homeworking + occasional travel
Contract: Full time
How you will make a difference
As a global technology and software solutions provider, we have a UK based central services team that drives, supports and underpins the technological direction of all our software solutions and services across the 40+ Software Business Units. The Software Business Units (BU’s) deliver bespoke software solutions to UK Government, NHS and high profile organisations. The UX Practice Manager will lead the way to deliver UX best practice and exceptional UX services across all these Software BU’s.
Bringing industry knowledge and insight, you will help them understand the potential of UX for their products and customers. You will assist these BU teams by implementing best practice and tooling. You will be responsible for organising all UX teams so appropriate UX is successfully included and driven to completion in product development.
Having a sound background in UX and user research, you will ensure our products and services and the underlying platforms continue to evolve to meet the market need and delight our customers.
What you will be doing:
- Working with the Software BUs to understand the value of UX to their customer base and helping them develop deliverable and cost-effective product developments.
- Leading a team of onshore user researchers to provide location-based (initially the UK with other regions to be added) qualitative and quantitative research.
- Leading a team based in Vadodara, India, that will provide UX development services for the Software BU’s, working closely with the Central Government UX team to ensure that the community of UX experts is built-in Vadodara and works seamlessly together.
- Working closely with the leadership in the Central Government UX team to develop a cohesive roadmap for our UX processes, procedures, tooling and reusable assets within Civica Group.
- Create a business plan for development for UX for the Software BUs to secure appropriate investment yearly for the ongoing development of our UX Practice for the Software BUs.
- Driving the strategy and roadmap for the Group UX Practice.
- Support the delivery of optimal solutions and services in UX for the Software BUs by being a focal point.
- Identify and maintain partner relationships required to support the Group UX Practice.
- Support pre-sales activities with UX.
- Knowledge of prototyping tools such as Axure or UXPin
- Knowledge of prototyping in code using HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Microsoft web technologies such as ASP.NET and Razor Components
- 5+ years commercial experience in UX / UI / UR, including experience at a group / enterprise-wide leadership level
- Knowledge of industry design standards and best practices to help define UX design principles for the Group UX practice
- Demonstrable leadership qualities
- Self-starter, proactive approach, drive and energy to achieve the broad objectives for this role
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management.
- Creative and innovative in terms of finding opportunities to deliver customer success.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to work closely with senior managers.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various Civica offices, including overseas offices. Extended travel may be required to the Civica Vadodara office in India.
- Excellent people management skills, including the motivation of teams.
- Proven ability to contribute new ideas and better ways of working.
- Commercial judgement and acumen.
- Comprehensive understanding of Web Contact Accessibility Guidelines and other accessibility requirements such as the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Deep understanding of user research methods and applicable techniques such as interviews, observations, surveys, and focus groups
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques
- Knowledge of usability testing practices and their applications
- Deep understanding of journey maps incorporating personas, scenarios, and phases
- Deep understanding of prototyping methodologies and techniques from low-fidelity options such as paper and click-through prototypes through to high-fidelity prototyping such as interactive, digital, and coded prototyping
Who we are
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2 UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top-rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.