26th May 2022
Technical Consultant (ETL / SSIS)
Location: Working from Home UK(with very occasional travel)
Job Reference: 1985
Cx is Civica’s leading Housing Management software solution, meeting a whole range of housing providers needs to connect people, data and property information. We are seeking a Technical Consultant to join a busy and highly collaborative team who are defining and developing the data implementation processes for Customers who might be onboarding Cx, taking delivery of new modules, merging existing systems etc.
This is a great time to join the team:
- The business has 2 new software modules being launched and the team are heavily involved in helping shape the new processes
- The team operate a culture of continuous improvement, ideas are always welcome
- Technical training is readily available across Civica
- The team operate an agile approach to working so can offer a flexible working week
Civica is the largest provider of IT Solutions to the Public Sector in the UK. We develop and deliver a broad range of bespoke software solutions that we develop and deliver into Local Government, Central Government and the NHS.
About the role:
- To act as the Technical Lead on multiple Cx implementations and provide technical support to customers and colleagues during the implementation process, migrating customer data and supporting Customers in the extraction of data from their legacy systems
- Develop integration solutions using stored procedures and SSIS packages
- To be responsible for the loading of customer data into Civica Cx Products during the implementation process.
- Provide prompt feedback to the Project Manager, Technical Consultancy Team Manager regarding any issues arising from consultancy
- Support and advise other team members.
- Assist the Technical Consultancy Team Leader in the further development of the technical processes used to deliver projects.
- To ensure skills and product knowledge stay current and to learn new skills and share knowledge gained with the delivery team.
- Investigate and develop scripts for data corrections at live customer sites and manage their safe implementation
- 3+ years extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 upwards. Particularly the development of complex Scripts, Views and Stored Procedures
- Extensive knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and package creation
- Knowledge and understanding of the Extract, Transform and Load process (ETL)
- Good numeric and mathematical skills
- Strong Customer facing skills
- Ability to deliver workshops and consultancy to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage expectations and follow control change control processes.
- Able to speak with authority as subject matter expert to internal and external audiences
- Problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Awareness of SQL coding best practices and ability to peer review code against them
Experience of any of the following technologies would be preferred:
- MS Azure Blob storage
- SSRS/ Power BI, MS Analytics
- XML, HTML, JSON, CSS, SOAP UI or Web Services
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2 UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.