15th March 2022
Technical Consultant - Platforms
Location: Working from Home (North West Ideal) + occasional UK travel
Job reference: 1812
Civica Health & Care SaaS solutions enables our Customers in the Healthcare sector to make informed choices and deliver outstanding care. We provide smart, dependable software that connects people, processes and systems more effectively.
This role focusses on the implementation, and ongoing maintenance and support of Applications, Databases and related infrastructure provisioned for developing and delivering solutions both externally for customers and internally to support development and testing requirements
- Deploy Civica applications for customers and for internal use within the end-to-end software delivery life cycle.
- Installing and configuring underlying application components (e.g. database and web server components).
- Carry out configuration, administration and maintenance of multiple SQL Server database instances
- Carry out data transformation and migration activities
- Oversee the implementation of data import/integration from 3rd party applications or data sources into the application
- Installation and publishing of application reporting solutions, principally via SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Configure application-level parameters to support both Customer and internal system deployments.
- Ensure that application and platform configuration information is imparted to other team members and teams
- To respond to Support Team requests to resolve issues in relation to all of the above.
- Validate and advise customers on the suitability of their platforms for the installation of the Clinical Systems software solutions.
- Provide accurate timesheet submissions to aid recognition of revenue and billing administration.
- Compliance with the ISO 20000-1, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 standards when carrying out duties.
- Support sales activities such as input to ITT responses, bids, tenders and other pre-sales activity
- Participate in weekly support rota and support out-of-hours implementation and service delivery activities
Civica delivers a wide range of specialist software solutions to Local Government, Central Government, the NHS and private Customers across the UK. We have grown year on year for the last 22 years.
Strong understanding of the following:
- Windows Operating Systems.
- SQL Server Database Engine.
- SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Core Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Data migration dependencies and considerations.
- Prescribing application product architecture.
- Strong organising ability.
- Excellent engagement and communication skills.
- Impart knowledge to others.
- Manage expectations and control change in an IT projects environment.
- Ability to change priorities at short notice, managing consequential impacts and expectations.
- UK Driving license with willingness to work away / stay overnight from home
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.