29th January 2021
Job title: Tech Services Lead
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Do you thrive working within a busy, high availability department? Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK?
We’ve opened up a new opportunities for an ambitious and driven candidate to join our Support team within our payments division. You’ll be supporting some of our major clients in the use of our payments services as well as assisting with the improvements we make.
How will my career develop with Civica?
Our Tech Services lead role is designed to nurture our future talent and will give you the foundation you need in order to develop into one of our star people. This role has opened due to the expansion of our technology usage and we now need an experienced support engineer who has some really good Azure experience to assist our team in getting them up to speed in supporting it.
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2020: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
You will be a great communicator who is Customer focused, able to take ownership and diagnose/impact assess problems that occur. You will also be;
- Experienced with PowerShell scripting
- Your prior role will ideally be supporting applications in Microsoft Azure (Saas), using Azure Portal, ADO deployment, Kudu.
- Experienced in support, Installation and maintenance of in-house software
- Hold relevant experience with T-SQL querying (Microsoft SQL)
- You’ll be analytical and good problems solving skills
- Willing to submit to initial and ongoing background security checks as part of the PCI DSS Security requirements.
Your core responsibilities:
You will work in our busy Technical Services Team where you will be responsible for delivering both ‘Business as usual’ activity (tasks associated with service availability), and implementation of new customers/services.
- Involvement in PowerShell scripting and being a SME for other members of the Technical Services team.
- Leading on application investigations in our SaaS Microsoft Azure environment, liaising with Development staff as required. Providing guidance to other team members who are upskilling on Azure.
- Software installation, configuration, and producing corresponding documentation (Civica software).
- The capture, investigation, analysis, and resolution of software issues.
- Maintenance and monitoring tasks.
- Strict adherence to change control procedures and policies.
- To utilize access to the ICON Hosted platform and Civica Support Centre to support the team’s objectives concerning:
- Incident and Problem Management.
- Customer and Service Change Requests.
- Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaising with internal departments, business units and third parties.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.