14th July 2022
Job title: Systems Administrator
Location: Pershore – Blended Office / Home Working
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 2068
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the South Worcestershire Partnership, Revenues and Benefits team based at our offices in Pershore. The Partnership is managed by Civica and provides Revenues and Benefits services for Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council.
The Systems Officer role will involve providing a systems admin service to the Revenues & Benefits service for the 3 partner authorities. You will be the first point of contact for systems queries, providing 1st line support. You will maintain the Revenues & Benefits database including, but not limited to, providing statutory returns and testing new releases.
You will have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude to new ways of working and be able to work without close supervision.
The role is 37 hours per week, however during busy periods such as end of year extra hours will be required.
The service is undergoing a change of processing system to OPENRevenues and experience of this system is preferred but not essential.
The post is predominantly office based in Pershore, although the option of blended working is available.
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer focus.
- Relevant experience gained in a Revenues or Benefits environment and knowledge of relevant systems (OPENRevenues preferred)
- Experience of using spreadsheets.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and be able to deal with a heavy and varied workload.
- Be able to work on own initiative and without the need to be closely supervised.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Your core responsibilities:
- Performing the system administration duties for the Revenues and Benefits IT systems for the South Worcestershire Partnership including
- logging and resolving helpdesk calls
- carrying out system reconciliations
- managing the various system modules including checking outputs
- clearing integrity errors
- completing government returns for the Councils
- Providing first line support for any system problems – logging calls and resolving the issue or liaising with the ICT technical team and suppliers as required
- User management, setting up new users/remove leavers
- Clearing integrity checks across council tax, NDR, BID, Benefits and Sundry Debtors using the super-user functionality.
- Completion of statutory returns & extracts such as NNDR1 & 3, CTB1, QRC, SHBE, HMRC.
- Experience of DataPA and PTC Automation.
- Template management – setting up new and amending templates as required.
- Release testing
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.