5th August 2021
Job title: Support Technician Apprentice
Location: Home based / Leeds
Job type: Full time, Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Civica Assessment Team to deliver assessment platform and software support to our growing customer base.
This role will be provide operational 2nd line support to Civica Assessment customer contracts including advice and guidance, technical analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of incidents.
Natalia Georgieva, Support Technician Apprentice:
“I feel like we have a great culture here at Civica. Putting your career first is exactly what the company wants, because Civica genuinely wants to see you develop, progress and get as much from the experience as possible.”
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- You will be excited by the opportunity to start your career within the IT sector,
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service (willing to go the extra mile)
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- An interest in learning about current, new and future technologies
- A passion to learn about new assessment products and solutions
- Methodical thinker with the ability to organise and prioritise
- Hardworking team player with the ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Good written English skills
- Ability to document procedures
- Some out of hours work will be required
Your core responsibilities:
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all 2nd line support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Troubleshoot and resolve 2nd line issues that 1st line analysts have escalated, whilst maintaining regular customer updates on the helpdesk system.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Proactively work with the wider operations team to help with the resolution of tickets, where required
- Build relationships with 3rd party suppliers to assist with the resolution of tickets.
- Review monitoring alerts and take action, where necessary
- Undertake ad hoc duties and responsibilities as necessary
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.