1st February 2022
Job title: Software Development Team Lead
Location: Home Worker
Reference Number: 1704
Skills: Hands-on software engineering project delivery and leadership, Agile / Waterfall and Hybrid Development Methodologies, Scope control and change management, Technical background in web development (Java or Microsoft .NET) and still ‘hands on’
Business Unit: Central Government - https://www.civica.com/en-gb/about-us/what-we-do/central-government/
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Who are Civica?
We are a global software and services business, primarily split into three main areas; Central Government (Consultancy), Managed services and Software.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive and diverse culture where people enjoy working and thrive in their careers. Want to know how and why we are a great place to work? Check our Glassdoor reviews - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Civica-Reviews-E35357.htm
As well as our people focus, we are committed to delivering quality software and services to our range of clients who are mostly public sector however, we are looking to grow more into the private sector given our success and continued growth over the last 20 years.
- Reporting to the Professional Services Head of Software Engineering, the Software Development Lead will be responsible for part of the Central Government Professional Services software engineering team.
- The overall engineering team is 70+ UK based software developers who are engaged on delivering projects across Civica’s customer base (largely in the UK public sector).
- This role is responsible for line management of a pool of 10-20 software developers within that larger team, as well as shared leadership on resourcing decisions, skills planning, solution estimation and software engineering best practice across the group as a whole.
At a high level the responsibilities will include:
- Delivery and assurance of software development activities on billable projects (up to 60% of the role).
- Line and performance management, ensuring that the whole team is managed to the highest standards.
- Assisting in ensuring software development delivery capabilities match demand.
- Shared ownership of software development standards, metrics and best practice that drive high quality deliverables.
- Contributing software development expertise during pre and post sales engagements, including estimation and meeting customer stakeholders.
- Driving improvement initiatives to improve and measure productivity and quality, focussed on improving Civica’s competitiveness.
The role requires good experience and knowledge of software development best practice and tooling, as well as a sound understanding of the end to end software development lifecycle. The ability to manage and enthuse a geographically dispersed team is also key to the success of the role.
Please apply using the links, contact me on LinkedIn or email me directly.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.