13th January 2022
Job title: Sales Executive - New Business Sales
Civica Election Services (CES)
Location: Home based
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Do you have what it takes to develop into one of our world-class sales performers? Are you interested in joining the UK’s leading election services provider and have a passion for democracy?
How will my career develop with Civica?
Our junior sales roles are designed to nurture our future sales leaders and will give you the foundation you need in order to develop into one of our world-class sales performers.
Sabrina joined Civica from a retail background and has since achieved three promotions in four years – see how her career has developed: https://bit.ly/38uqqox
Stewart Mcluskey – Sales Improvement Director:
On behalf of our sales leadership community, our commitment to our sales people is this: wherever you go, whatever you choose to do for the rest of your career, you’ll be more successful from what you learn here with us."
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
You will be excited by the opportunity to start your Sales career within the democratic/governance and IT environment, applying previous skills that you have developed throughout your work experience. You will also;
- Self-starter, self-motivated in generating new solution-based business opportunities
- Professional, strong communicator, listener, networker, negotiator, and problem solver
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Strong time management & organisational skills, ability to multi-task when under pressure
- Experience in selling multi-channel services inc. digital solutions and print
- Strong commercial and new business sales experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient software user including MS Office applications and other systems i.e. CRM
- Effectively work remotely, including remote-selling to customers
- Responsive to change
- Tenacious, tactful, personable, and approachable
Your core responsibilities:
You will own your end-to-end sales process,; identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities whilst promoting existing and new products and services. Other duties include;
- Generating new business revenue from market sectors including local government, corporate & mutuals and membership & professional bodies
- To contribute to the launch and marketing plans for new products and/or services
- Promote digital and printed voting products to sector prospects through a targeted, multi-channel approach of telephone, email, online campaigns, webinars
- Proactively engage prospects/customers through follow up with on-site / remote video call appointments and online demonstrations of existing and new products
- Take these opportunities through to close profitable sales contracts / orders
- To support and foster a commercial, customer-focused culture across the company and liaise with relevant departments to ensure products and services and are driven by market and customer needs
- Collaborate with the DAE division and wider Civica community including presenting/participating/networking at conferences and exhibitions
- Support the Sales Development team, where required
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.