18th February 2021
Job title: Revenues Officer
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
About the role
The Revenues and Benefits Telephony Officer role involves providing a dedicated telephony service for 3 Local Authorities. You will deal with enquires from members of the public and other stakeholders regarding all aspects of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support, Housing Benefit Overpayments, Council Tax Billing, Council Tax Recovery and Business Rates.
The Revenues and Benefits Telephony Team are the front line of customer service within the Shared Service. It is a fast paced environment where advisors are expected to handle approximately 50 calls per day and strive to achieve the Service Key Performance Indicators of
- average speed of answer of 1 minute 30 seconds,
- average handling time of 7 minutes, which includes an element of after call work to make notes and follow up on key action from the call when necessary and
- to answer more than 87.5% of all calls received
It is an extremely demanding role where a resilient, focused and assertive attitude is key. You will need to be versatile and equipped with a strong skill set such as excellent communication skills, a positive attitude to new ways of working and be able to working without close supervision to handle the complexity of the job.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has relevant experience gained in Benefits / Revenues or similar environment.
You will need to have the ability to make decisions in relation to Revenues and Benefits relating to benefits, liability, payment arrangements and recovery procedures etc. as appropriate.
You will need to have numeracy skills, including the ability to manipulate numerical data and good word processing and IT skills, including an ability to use an on-line computer system to interrogate and update data.
Work methodically, accurately and thoroughly, paying close attention to detail and have the ability to relay complex information clearly in relation to Benefits, Council Tax and Non Domestic Rates verbally and in writing.
Your core responsibilities;
- To keep and maintain appropriate records and statistics, review exception reports and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- To assist with the preparation of cases for court and Tribunals, providing support at such hearings as appropriate.
- To carry out calculations arising from valuation list changes and support the maintenance, control and reconciliation of the valuation list for all business and domestic properties, in the Service area.
- To provide a dedicated telephony service dealing with enquiries from customers and stakeholders - including explanations and clarification of decisions and actions taken and general advice and guidance relating to legislation, policy and procedures in respect of some or all of the above requirements as necessary.
- To assist with all matters in respect of reconciliations, the management of creditors/debtors modules, the Direct Debit process, checking, integrity and the monitoring and completion of returns and claims from government departments, agencies and other relevant organisations.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.