10th May 2021
Job Title: Revenues Assistant
Job type: Full time, permanent
Do you have previous experience in a Finance function? Do you have strong Microsoft Excel Skills? Are you interested in joining an international software company and a global leader in public services technology? We have an exciting opportunity for a Revenues assistant to join our Finance team based in Dudley.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
You will have previous experience working in a Finance environment with knowledge of accountancy transactions (Double entry, debits and credits, Sales/ Costs, Balance Sheet/ Profit & Loss etc.) is required along with an understanding of Accruals and Deferments, both for Revenue and Costs.
- Ability to take ownership of work areas through to completion.
- Efficient, confident and organized.
- Ability to meet tight month end deadlines and other deliverables.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
About the Role
Working as the Revenues Assistant you will assist the Revenues Manager and Revenues Supervisor with the day to day processing and accounting of the company gross margin for Product/ Services and Recurring License, Support & Maintenance. Duties will include;
- Sales order processing/ validation.
- Customer Purchase Orders requisitioning, distribution and tracking.
- Sales Invoicing, Product/ Services and Contract Renewals
- Resolving Invoice queries.
- Gross Margin recognition.
- Posting/ Understanding of Journals (Deferred/ Accruals- Revenue and Costs).
- BS & P & L Reconciliations.
- Contract Analysis.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.