12th May 2022
Job title: Resourcing/People Allocation Coordinator (Apprenticeship)
Location: Home Based with Occasional Travel to our Hubs in Southbank or Bristol
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job reference: 1957
We are looking for a highly organised, driven and hardworking individual to join our rapidly growing People Allocation Team. If you’ve had previous experience within Admin, Recruitment or Project Management and would like a new challenge within an established business, then we would like to speak to you.
This role is part of an Apprenticeship scheme which will see you learning on the job whilst also completing an Apprenticeship course.
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
The primary responsibility of a People Allocation Coordinator is to ensure the effective triage, allocation, and ongoing oversight of people requests for projects and bids in a timely manner.
The People Allocation team is responsible for the fulfilment of all Professional Services and Consultancy people needs in the Central Government business unit. On average, we handle between 300-400 requests on a monthly basis and we aim to fulfil these requests by matching the skills, experience and career aims of our people to each request.
Each People Allocation Coordinator takes ownership of the requests they are handling, and the typical workload is between 50-60 open requests per person at any given time. In order to fulfil each individual request, you will need to review the quality of each request – gathering more information about the requirement if necessary. You will be in regular contact with our Line Managers who will help to analyse the skills required for each role and consider who the most suitable people may be from their capability area.
You will then be responsible for discussing the request with the individuals identified and confirming their suitability for the role. You will track the progress of the request through to completion including:
- Agreeing the project on-boarding information
- Confirming we have financial cover to start work
- Making sure the person is allocated correctly in PROACT
- Informing ‘the requestor’ daily of your progress until the request is closed and the person is allocated
Occasionally, we may need to recruit a new person into the business and you will help support the recruitment process and assign the individual to their first assignment when they join Civica.
Principle Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Triage, review, allocate and manage people requests to agreed SLAs.
- Support the recruitment process for contractor and permanent new joiners.
- Maintain knowledge of specific accounts and their people requirements – both current and pipeline.
- Review people on the bench weekly and pro-actively identify opportunities to make sure our people are productive and assigned to chargeable activities.
- Work with the Head of People Allocation to consolidate partial allocations to create as many available FTEs as possible.
- Run and review various Excel reports daily – extracting information appropriate to your requests and availability of people who may be suitable matches to your open requests.
- Workload management – regular prioritisation of your own workload based on the urgency of the requests that you ‘own’ and setting clear expectations with ‘Requestors’.
- Update PROACT daily with activity to ensure progress is tracked and visible to ‘Requestors’.
- Update PROACT weekly with new joiner/ leaver/ variation form changes.
- Update ‘Requestors’ daily with progress on their outstanding people requests.
- Escalate priority calls as they arise to the Head of People Allocation.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication English skills
- Skilled negotiator/ influencer.
- Commercially aware.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and assertive.
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to contribute to, support and work with remote colleagues.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including strong Excel skills.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.