29th April 2022
Project Manager (Software implementation into Local Government)
Location: Working from Home + occasional UK travel
Job Reference: 1898
Civica is the largest provider of IT Solutions to the Public Sector in the UK. We develop and deliver a broad range of bespoke software solutions that we develop and deliver into Local Government, Central Government and the NHS.
Our cloud enabled Revenues and Benefits software, (OPENRevenues), is one of the market leaders in its field and due to growth we require a further PM to join the Professional Services Team. The PM will be responsible for managing complex software implementation projects with external and internal customers. Working as part of a team providing multi-skilled service delivery as well as developing and maintaining the relationship with the customer.
This is a great time to join Civica. We have an incredibly busy order pipeline and are recruiting due to growth. The Revenues and Benefits sector is legislation driven so there is an ongoing need for product enhancements and modifications as the software product evolves, so it’s always busy!. Additionally, the new PM will join a very established, supportive and collaborative team.
About the role:
- To take overall responsibility for assigned projects and project teams.
- Ensuring that all assigned projects are managed in line with the relevant project framework to deliver to agreed quality, scope, time, and commercial terms.
- Defining viable project objectives, scope, and deliverables
- Applying Project lifecycle, methodology and processes effectively
- Preparation and maintenance of all project documentation
- Professional and effective planning and control
- Identifying and quantifying project risks and mitigating actions
- Adhering to agreed reporting and governance frameworks
- Ensuring relevant approvals and sign offs are in place
- Completion of post project reviews a lesson learned
- To work closely with key internal stakeholders and project teams to ensure coherent design and delivery.
- Ensure accurate and timely resource and revenue forecasting of assigned projects.
- Ensure accurate and timely time recording, financial reporting, and invoicing for assigned projects.
- 3+ years projects delivery experience gained either within a software house / Consultancy setting delivering solutions into Local Government Customers OR gained directly working in Local Government where you have project managed software implementation projects
- SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION projects based experienced
- Strong project governance experience
- Experience delivering software projects from £50K upwards
- Lots of energy and drive as well as the desire to succeed!
- Any experience working in Revenues and Benefits sector would be a bonus but is not essential
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2 UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.