11th November 2021
Job title: Project Manager
Location: Blended Working - 2 days a week in London Office / 3 days a week remote working
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Are you a Project Manager looking for your next role? Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK?
Every year, we support hundreds of organisations, across a wide range of sectors, to engage their stakeholders and deliver secure, trusted voting projects. We work with over 75% of the UK’s local authorities, providing electoral registration services and helping them to administer local and general elections. We also work extensively with membership organisations, corporates, building societies and mutuals, NHS bodies and trade unions.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join us on permanent basis. You will be responsible for the successful management and delivery of projects.
The Project Manager will administer projects acting upon specific instruction from client organisations, in accordance with written procedures, giving advice where necessary (both procedural and legislative).
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and meeting skills: both verbal and written
- Creative problem-solving approach and looking for innovation and development in the products and services we offer
- Strong organisational and time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage projects at different stages of progress
- Confident in working with people at all levels and to communicate accordingly
- Be IT literate and competent with all Microsoft packages and the follow through
- Responsible and accountable for the successful management and reporting of assigned projects in the Corporate Sector.
- To produce reports as required for the Sector Manager giving updates on current projects, issues, competitors, and potential product development
- To develop and maintain a good understanding of the company’s services and products, including the terminology and processes that relate to those services
- To adhere to all service standards, policies, and procedures (e.g., ISO9001, ISO27001).
- To comply with GDPR data protection regulations, ensuring that information on clients remains confidential.
- To work collaboratively with other departments and staff, identifying business improvements with your Sector and Department managers.
- To develop and maintain the project management methodology and procedures of the department/company.
- To implement health and safety policy and procedures, ensuring that all practices and procedures are undertaken in accordance with a healthy and safe working environment and that all staff (including temporary staff) for whom you may be responsible are aware of their responsibilities in respect of their role, monitoring data and recommending action as required.
- To have an understanding of common electoral systems, their application and suitability.
- To be responsible for maintaining a document storage system (in line with any Departmental requirements) that will contain all documentation for all projects, and which can be readily and easily accessed by anyone in the Business Sector.
- To develop a good understanding of legislation and applied best practise surrounding the key project areas
- To receive enquiries from clients and to obtain all relevant information necessary for the efficient and lawful conduct of a project.
- To be flexible in meeting client needs and working out of office/weekend hours where needed and instructing Sector Managers and other departments where assistance is required.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.