25th February 2021
Role: Product Owner / Senior Business Analyst (ERP/Financial Systems)
Location: Home based role with occasional UK and international travel as required
** Play a key role in our group wide ERP / Financial Systems strategy as we embark on a large legacy application refresh following our continued and substantial growth**
We require a highly experienced BA / Product Owner to help us define and drive the delivery of our new ERP and group systems. The role will own the requirements definition and product direction with the support or a small team under their direction, (2 x Business Analysts and a Delivery Manager). Civica is a global IT solutions business and our operations and strategic initiatives are underpinned by our group IT systems.
- Lead requirements gathering and needs analysis with stakeholders and customers across the organisation to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritisation.
- Translates requirements into well-defined Epics, Features, User stories, and Acceptance test criteria.
- Keeps products in-line with business goals and communicates with stakeholder to understand business objectives.
- Work in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Prepares customer journey maps and personas
- Defines release plans that deliver high business value and ensure operational disruption is mitigated by thorough implementation and end user adoption/change planning.
- Works with user-focus to define the self-service user experience, support and training. Develops and maintains product reference materials and documentation.
- Product demonstrations and walkthroughs.
- Ensure products meet security, governance and compliance legislation and policy.
- Maintain and complete project delivery, definition, and scope documentation.
- Manage Delivery Manager and Business Analysis activities to ensure product continuous and project delivery is achieved to scope, budget and timescales.
- Financial and Business Operational (ERP) systems knowledge.
- 5+ years in a Business Analysis role, including leading less-experienced BA’s
- Previous experience defining and implementing new group wide financial systems, Accountancy level qualification ideal. Broad understanding of various components and terms including SOP, Invoicing, Recognition processes, P&L, accrual, uplift, deferred, audit, governance, multi-currency etc.
- Commercially astute with the gravitas, communication, and interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with senior internal stakeholders. (Managers, Directors and Execs) and other members of the Senior Leadership Team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Product Management with experience in minimum viable product definition.
- Change Management and Consultancy.
- Confident delivering presentations and demonstrations
- User Experience management.
- Experience working for Global companies and variable/multi currency financial operations.
- Leadership and Management experience, able to lead / manage small team
- Strategic and Creative Thinking. Analytical and problem solving. Attention to detail.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Collaborative and proactive personal style.
- Experience of working with globally distributed teams
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.