24th September 2021
Privacy and Compliance Specialist
Location: Home Based or Leeds/home based split
Skills: CIPP/E Privacy Compliance data protection GDPR
Are you a compliance professional with specific expertise in privacy and data protection seeking a new role in an industry leading organisation? Do you want to join a Top-Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
Civica is a top provider of software and IT managed services to public sector organisations. This role involves supporting the central operations teams such as marketing, HR and finance on business processes for the principles of privacy, security, resilience and quality.
Responsibilities could include -
- Providing practical data protection advice, guidance and assistance to stakeholders across the Civica Group.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of applicable data protection laws across all the different regions in which the group operates.
- Ensure the appropriate management of classified and personal data including:
- Identification and logging of personal data and processes within ROPA / Privacy Platform
- appropriate classification, protection, handling, access and retention of information assets
- Coordinate Data Subject Access Requests in a timely fashion, coordinating cross-functional activity where necessary.
- Work with colleagues within the Central Functions to determine where Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) are required and assist with the performance of DPIAs ready for final review by DPO.
- Identify, log, articulate and escalate Privacy, Information Security and Business Continuity risks
- Work with management and technical teams to develop and agree prioritized plans for improvements where appropriate.
- Create, document and maintain Business Impact Assessments, recovery plans and facilitate Business Continuity training
Third Party Supplier Management
- Ensure due diligence process is followed during vendor selection
- Undertake ongoing 3rd Party/Vendor compliance review
Training and awareness
- Ensure ongoing information security and data protection training and awareness across the Central functions
- Conduct local process/project audits to ensure compliance with contractual and organisational requirements
- Participate in and assist with Internal & External Audits and follow-up audit actions
- Assess potential Data, ICT, Facilities and People-related incidents
- Escalate in line with mandated process
- Undertake/participate in all phases of Incident Management
- Keep accurate records and provide reports
- Ensure Privacy Notices appropriately reflect processing of personal data, where the company is controller
- Initiate, develop and maintain stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Actively promote and carry out collaborative working across teams and Business Units
- Work with multi-organisational teams across the business, supporting other staff to deliver the wider compliance and improvement objectives.
Suitable candidates will have the CIPP/E qualification and have worked in a compliance role focussed on privacy and data protection. Experience in an organisation handling lots of personal data is essential. Possess demonstrable detailed knowledge and understanding of data protection regulations – specifically DPA 2018, GDPR, PECR. Possess demonstrable experience in the implementation of a data protection compliance within a large/complex organisation. Possess non-specialist level of understanding of data security challenges from an Information Security perspective.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.