16th October 2020
Job Title: Java Developer
Join our team of talented developers, developing high quality software for a range of end clients.
You will be joining a highly successful team which has been fundamental in delivering 18 years of unbroken growth. Our developers work on a range of projects.
About the role
Working as the Java Developer you will provide software application support and enhancement services to customers and their users. You will also take on technical leadership roles for one or more services, sharing your effort and knowledge across a number of concurrent services, requiring minimal supervision and be capable of technically supervising others.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in java development who is focused on delivering high quality, reusable code. You should also have great communication skills and the ability to assist others in their work.
- A Technical Expert in a number of technology groups (e.g. Java, DevOps, C# etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with, and demonstrably excellent at, presenting technical solutions to both team members and the customer.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends/family
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2020: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer on Glassdoor: Our average length of service for our employees is 9 years
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2020.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.